Postilion-Kiner Photography (Frequently Asked Questions)
[ Home ] [ About Us ] [ Photo Gallery ] [ Sample Packages ] [ Design a Package ] [ Availability ] [ Specials ] [ Contact Us ] [ FAQ's ] [ Links ]
[Wedding Day Coverage] [Equipment] [Digital Issues] [Payment Schedule] [Post-Wedding Day Timing] [Hard Copy Previews] [Hard Copy Wedding Album Issues] [Reorders] [Printing] [Back Drop] [Table Shots] [Brochure] [Order Forms] [Contract]
Wedding Day Coverage
How many hours of coverage will we need? - Usually 10 hours is required to capture all aspects of the wedding. This usually means starting 3-4 hours before the ceremony and ending 3-4 hours into the reception. Most couples allocate an extra hour for outdoor environmental photographs between the ceremony and reception, or they give up part of their cocktail hour.
What cameras do you typically use / bring with you? - We carry 6 Canon / Nikon camera bodies with us for backup. We can achieve the same results with any professional camera. If you have an equipment bias, we would be happy to rent that equipment for your wedding, at your cost.
Do you shoot digitally or use film? - We can achieve the same results with either. If you must have film, there is an extra $100 per hour charge - in which case you will get to keep the negatives.
How much will we be required to pay and when? - You will be required to make 2 or 3 payments as follows...
1) Initial deposit ($500.00) at contract inception - to
reserve your wedding date.
2) 2nd payment - due 2 weeks prior to your wedding. This payment will include all expenses relating to the "Level of Coverage".
3) Final payment - due when placing final album and reprint orders. Final amount will depend on the hard copy "Wedding Albums", "Parent Albums", "Wall Photographs", "Storyboards", "Reprints", and "Digital Files" you order, if any.
Post-Wedding Day Timing
When will we get our CD-Rom? - Our contract states 8-12 weeks.
How long will it take to get our hard copy wedding album? - Our contract states 90-120 days from the date we complete your wedding album design. Please add 30 extra days (120-150) for a library bound "Capri" wedding album.
How long will it take to get our hard copy parent albums and reorders? - Our contract states 90-120 days from the date we receive your final order and all corresponding payments. Please add 30 extra days (120-150) for library bound "Capri" parent albums.
Is there a time-limit for getting our final order to you? - Our contract states that you have 90 days from the date you get your CD-Rom. If you take longer than 1 year to place a final order, we may...
1) Reject your final order and give you the "raw"
digital files instead; or...
2) Accept your final order at our "then current price" rates.
Hard Copy Previews
Can we get Hard Copy Previews? - Yes, here are some suggestions...
1) Request them from us ($1,000)
2) Bring your CD-Rom to a retail digital photo finisher such as Walgreens and ask for 1 copy of each file.
3) Purchase Reprints of only those photographs you need.
Hard Copy Wedding Album Issues
Do we have to order a hard copy wedding album? - No. There are many sources now on the Web for wedding albums including the same brands / manufacturers we use - Art Leather Albums at 1stProWeddingAlbums.zoovy.com for example. If you are a creative / artistic person, or if you have some one else in mind that is, you are free to explore this alternative.
How do you determine what pictures go into our hard copy wedding album? - We recommend that you provide us input as follows...
1) Select 2 categories of photographs: "Must Have" (No
more than 75% of maximum) and "Can Live Without" (any number you desire).
2) Let us post your "proposed" layout to our Photo Gallery which will include your choices plus some of ours.
3) You meet with us and make changes from there.
We contracted for a 30-page hard copy Wedding Album. How many 8x10's, 5x7's, and 3x5's. will that include? - The exact number of photographs and sizes will vary depending on your final design. Typically, smaller hard copy albums contain less enlargements (5x7's and 8x10's) than larger ones. Also, longer hours of coverage resulting in more photographic selections will tend to reduce the number of enlargements also.
We contracted for a 30-page hard copy album. What if we want more pages than that? - You can add as many pages and/or photographs as you like. They will be charged at our "then current price" rate.
What is your policy regarding reorders? - Reorders are optional. There is NO minimum reorder (sales) requirement. We do ask that you collect the reorders from your guests within 90 days of receiving your CD-Rom, and that you pick them up and distribute them once they're completed.
What types of B/W prints do you offer and how are they printed?
We offer Custom B/W's on a variety of Fine Art Papers and Premium Luster photo paper. Standard B/W's are always printed on Premium Luster photo paper...
1) Custom B/W's on Fine Art Paper smaller than 13 x 19 are printed on an Epson 1280 using special "Quad-Tone" archival inks from MIS Associates. These inks contain carbon-512 and are rated at 200+ years. They are very similar in look / feel to old-time "fiber-based" B/W Prints.
2) Standard and Custom B/W's on Premium Luster Photo paper are printed on our Epson 9600 using a 2-tone neutral gray ink set rated at 95 years.
What types of Color prints do you offer and how are they printed?
We offer Custom Color Prints on a variety of Fine Art Papers and Premium Luster photo paper. Standard Color Prints are always printed on Premium Luster photo paper...
1) Custom Color prints on Fine Art Paper smaller than
13 x 19 are printed on an Epson 4000 rated at 100+ years.
2) Standard or Custom Color prints on Premium Luster photo paper are printed on our Epson 9600 rated at 71 years.
Note: All permanence data is provided by Wilhelm Research. The complete test results for the Epson 9600 can be downloaded from Epson9600Permanence.pdf.
Do you offer B/W colorization? - Yes, but only from a color print. We actually remove all the color and then add it back to the areas to be colorized using Photoshop.
Do you offer Sepia prints? - Yes, but we recommend you see our custom "Warm Neutral" Toned B/W's first before requesting "Sepia".
Do you offer retouching / digital manipulation? -
Yes, automatically done on Wall Photographs / Story Boards, Wedding Albums, Parent Albums,
or when you use the "Custom Print" option of our
Do you provide "back drop" services at the reception? - Yes, but you must allow at least 2 hours of coverage after dinner for this.
Do you do table shots? - Yes. However, we normally shoot close-ups of your rings, invitation, tables, place-settings, reception details...etc. during dinner. If you would prefer us to take table shots instead, please ask.
Can you send us a brochure? - For a printout of our website, please download: PostilionKinerBrochure.pdf.
How do we order reprints? - To print an order form (including instructions), please download: PostilionKinerOrderForm.pdf.
What are the terms of your Contract? - For a printout of our current contract, please download: PostilionKinerContract.pdf.